Both BE and B.Tech degrees offer students an opportunity to pursue a career in Engineering. The courses are of a duration of 4-years and are spread across 8 semesters.
There are typically two kinds of an engineering programme:
1. 3-year BE/B.Tech after Diploma in Engineering
2. 4-year BE/B.Tech after Class 12
Eligibility Criteria for BE/BTech
- 1. Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 exam from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects.
- 2. They must also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined.
- 3. Most admissions are done based on the student's performance in the entrance examination.
Note :- Please note that the BTech eligibility criteria would vary from institute to institute.
BTech specialization is different
- 1 . Aeronautical Engineering
- 2 . Industrial Engineering
- 3 . Aerospace Engineering
- 4 . Marine Engineering
- 5 . Automobile Engineering
- 6 . Mechanical Engineering
- 7 . Biomedical Engineering
- 8 . Mechatronics Engineering
- 9 . Biotechnology Engineering
- 10 . Metallurgical Engineering
- 11 . Ceramic Engineering
- 12 . Mining Engineering
- 13 . Chemical Engineering
- 14 . Petroleum Engineering
- 15 . Civil Engineering
- 16 . Power Engineering
- 17 . Communications Engineering
- 18 . Production Engineering
- 19 . Computer Science Engineering
- 20 . Robotics Engineering
- 21 . Construction Engineering
- 22 . Structural Engineering
- 23 . Electrical Engineering
- 24 . Telecommunication Engineering
- 25 . Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 26 . Textile Engineering
- 27 . Electronics Engineering
- 28 . Tool Engineering
- 29 . Environmental Engineering
- 30 . Transportation Engineering
BTech/BE graduatesType of Jobs
The job opportunities for BTech graduates are huge in technical fields. Any graduate who has successfully pursued a BTech degree can get a job in almost all the sectors in India
- 1 . Computer Science Engineer
- 2 . Mining Engineer
- 3 . Mechanical Engineer
- 4 . Ceramic Engineer
- 5 . Software Developer
- 6 . Civil Engineer
- 7 . Production Engineer
- 8 . Automobile Engineer
- 9 . Robotics Engineer
- 10 . Chemical Engineer
- 11 . Electronics & Communication Engineer
- 12 . Electrical Engineer
- 13 . Lecturer/Professor
- 14 . Electronics Engineer
- 15 . Aeronautical Engineer
- 16 . Product Manager
- 17 . Marine Engineer
- 18 . Construction Engineer
- 19 . Aerospace Engineer
- 20 . Telecommunication Engineer
Top Recruiters for BE/BTech Graduates
- 1 . TATA Consultancy
- 2 . Bain & Company
- 3 . Infosys Technologies
- 4 . Larson & Toubro
- 5 . IBM Global Services
- 6 . InfoEdge India Ltd
- 7 . Accenture Services
- 8 . Honeywell
- 9 . HCL Technologies
- 10 . Samsung
- 11 . Goldman Sachs
- 12 . AT Kearney
- 13 . Qualcomm
- 14 . Blackstone
- 15 . Microsoft
- 16 . Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- 17 . Cairn
- 18 . ITC Limited
- 19 . Mckinsey Knowledge Centre
- 20 . JP Morgan
- 21 . Rubrik and Uber
- 22 . Intel
- 23 . Apple
- 24 . EXL
- 25 . Google
- 26 . Flipkart
- 27 . Morgan Stanley
- 28 . Myntra
- 29 . Schlumberger
- 30 . Amazon
- 31 . Deutsche Bank
- 32 . HSBC
- 33 . Procter & Gamble
- 34 . ICICI
- 35 . Millennium
- 36 . Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
- 37 . ISRO
- 38 . Siemens
- 39 . Sysmex
- 40 . Triveni Turbine Limited
Engineer's Day :- Wednesday, 15 September
What is Civil Engineering ?
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
What is Mechanical Engineering ?
Mechanical engineering is the study, design, development, construction, and testing of mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines. Mechanical engineers work mostly in engineering services, research and development, and manufacturing.
What is Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineering is an engineering discipline concerned with the study, design and application of equipment, devices and systems which use electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
What is Biomedical engineering ?
Biomedical engineering (BME) is the application of engineering principles and methods to solve medical and biological problems. It also integrates electrical, mechanical, chemical and life science principles in the development of new healthcare technologies and systems.
What is Chemical Engineering ?
Chemical engineering is a discipline influencing numerous areas of technology. In broad terms, chemical engineers conceive and design processes to produce, transform, and transport materials — beginning with experimentation in the laboratory followed by the implementation of the technology in full-scale production.
What is computer engineering ?
Computer engineering (CoE or CpE) is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronic engineering required to develop computer hardware and software.
Specialty: Hardware engineering, software engineering, software programming, robotics, networking
Fields of employment: Science, technology, engineering, industry, computer, exploration
Competencies: Technical knowledge, hardware
Is Computer Engineering a good career?
Based on their data, Computer Engineering jobs are expected to grow 2% by 2029. Still, don't make the mistake of thinking it will be easy. The competition for good positions is high, and knowledge from classes isn't enough. ... These are some of the most popular Computer Engineering jobs.
Is Computer Engineering stressful?
Software engineering can often create stressful situations and protracted periods of long hours as you near a milestone date. The constant need to learn new technologies, skills, frameworks, and programming languages can prove exhausting for some people.